1. What did you do this month that you’d never done before?
Bought an analogue camera. Got invited to a group that does tons of free events. Applied for a full ride scholarship/MBA school. Saw the end of the Harry Potter dynasty. Watched Florence + the Machine live. Completed my Masters degree.
2. How are the resolutions coming along?
Hmmm. I think I have been doing well on accepting my own vices. Sometimes, this feels really selfish, and I think I’m struggling to reframe that. This month, I have continually prepared myself for upcoming opportunities to step outside my comfort zone, otherwise worked to not accept things that are not making me blissful. I have still not been to yoga or meditation. That needs to change! I was pretty good at keeping in touch with friends, too. London is still a go. Haven’t been running at all though. I love the job I currently have, and am exploring other areas to see what else I love. I didn’t audition, but I did get pulled up on stage during a play for a five-minute cameo. Haven’t been reading as much, nor completing things on my To Do list. Shoot!
2.1 What is this month’s resolution?
I want to throw away/donate one trash bag full of stuff from my apartment per week, including photographing those souvenirs/things I donate/throw away.
3. What would you like to have next month that you lacked this month?
More time with my friends! We are all busy/traveling/spread over the globe.
4. What date from this month will remain etched in your memory and why?
July 15, 2011: Harry Potter concludes.
5. What was your biggest achievement this month?
Standing up for what I believed, though it wasn’t easy, or what I normally do.
6. And your biggest failure?
7. What did you get really, really excited about this month?
Harry Potter. Diana F+. London&Munich.
8. What song will always remind you of this month?
This month’s anthem was ‘Every Teardrop is a Waterfall’ by Coldplay.
9. What was the best book your read this month?
Worked my way through the second half of the Song of Ice and Fire series… brilliant books.
10. What was your favorite film this month?
Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, Part II.
11. What is a valuable life lesson from this month?
Settling is not acceptable. One’s great happiness is worth working toward always.
12. Summarize the first and last of the month.
The First: No clue! Didn’t write anything in my notebook!
The Last: 12 hour work day… oof!
13. What’s next month’s horoscope?
TAURUS (April 20-May 20) ☆☆☆
Finally, the conservative, self-disciplined Bull pulls in the reins and says “enough.” Whatever the indulgence, it is no longer necessary to go overboard. Verbalize your feelings, even ones that aren’t so nice. Sitting on hurt feelings could lead to the Bull seeing red and charging. What could be a very special ending to August could be marred if you don’t choose to be a little more vulnerable. Single and attached Bulls could float in clouds of happiness if they stay open. Motto of the Month: Don’t let your feelings immobilize you. Talk about them within a day.