2. How are the resolutions coming along?
Okay, let’s be real: I’m totally failing my financial resolutions. Admittedly, my financial outlook has changed dramatically since I wrote them. So this month will focus on that. I did a bit better about myself, albeit begrudgingly: I’m not reading enough, but not working too much either. I practiced Italian once, and tuned up my violin. Dates for myself? What’s that? Finally, I have been selfish. I have not been thankful enough for what I have… Honestly, March was not good to me in retrospect. Or maybe I wasn’t good to it.
3. How did last month’s resolution go?
Well, my mouth has been heathier, and I’ve been working my way through all those little floss kits they give you at the dentist. People say my teeth look white, despite how much tea I drink, so that’s good too.
5. Who is one person worth recognizing this month?
Ah, my chance for a monthly appreciation right here! I’m going to go with John, one of my former professors, who is valiantly working his way through three reference letters for me.
6. What would you like to have next month that you lacked this month?
7. What date from this month will remain etched in your memory and why?
3/7: Catie’s golden birthday!
8. What was your biggest achievement this month?
Making it through.
9. And your biggest failure?
Feeling like I wouldn’t make it through. What drama.
11. What song will always remind you of this month?
It’s Time by Imagine Dragons
12. What was the best book your read this month?
I read a lot of non-fiction for scholarships… the only novel I finished was Ishmael by Daniel Quinn.
13. What was your favorite film this month?
Hunger Games was the only movie I saw in theaters, and anyway it was good enough to be my favorite even if there were other choices.
14. What is a valuable life lesson from this month?
Sometimes you just have to keep your head down and carry on.
15. What’s next month’s horoscope?
TAURUS (April 20-May 20) ☆☆☆☆☆
This month before your birthday, you often can be found singing the blues. You might be going over last year, wondering if there can be a repeat. There might be some regrets as well. A good reason to be a little down is that in a few months, you will be waving goodbye to Jupiter, which has been in your sign. Jupiter will not return for another 11 years.
Use the last two months well, especially the period before May 15. You can conjure up nearly anything with Jupiter in your sign. Consider yourself a magician, pulling out white rabbits out of your black hat. Use your magic well. Romance is favored from mid-moth on. With Mars direct in the area that influences love, risk, children, go full steam ahead. Okay?
Motto of the Month: Do everything 110%.