1. What did you do this month that you’d never done before?
Lived in a flat in London. Planned trips to Rome, Prague, Barcelona. Booked a plane ticket to Dublin, China. Stayed up all night at a Lord of the Rings movie marathon. Saw Fight Club on the silver screen.
2. How are the resolutions coming along?
I don’t even remember what they are…
3. How did last month’s resolution go?
Ah sweet success. Got into my flat on the 14th, have had a mildly flexible schedule started now that classes are in full swing, and I have run along the Thames approximately 6 times.
4. What’s a new resolution for this month?
Email my home friends one every two weeks. Run 3.5 miles.
5. Who is one person worth recognizing this month?
My friend, Kerri. She put me up for three weeks when I arrived, and is a generally fabulous person and friend.
7. What date from this month will remain etched in your memory and why?
September 14, 2012: Moved into my London flat!
8. What was your biggest achievement this month?
A transformative honesty that is the foundation for one of my closest friendships here. I mean to say, more honest that usual, for that early in a friendship.
9. And your biggest failure?
Maybe I think I am being too judgmental as I encounter all of these new people. I would like to be more open to the wide variety of people I’m encountering each day.
10. What did you get really, really excited about this month?
London, my darling. But also Fight Club, and Lord of the Rings and Looper in theaters, as well as the new J.K. Rowling book, The Casual Vacancy.
11. What song will always remind you of this month?
True Romance – Motion City Soundtrack
13. What was your favorite film this month?
Looper. Brilliant, mind-bending stuff.
14. What is a valuable life lesson from this month?
I am perfectly capable of having logical thoughts about my illogical emotions.
15. What’s next month’s horoscope?