This week started out distinctly nostalgic, as I found myself caught up in songs I haven’t thought about, much less heard, in the last six or seven years. When ‘Spitting Games’ came up on iTunes radio, I was pleasantly surprised to find that I still enjoyed music that I had forgotten I loved. Another highlight this week is ‘Sweet Talk,’ which is causing a lot of emotions for me right now, since it’s catchy and evocative. The rest, it’s all just good stuff, obviously.
Videos your eyeballs will thank you for:
- Ellen thanked my new hero for being awesome, and he answered by being even more awesome: Ashton Kutcher is boss.
- I’ve not really been on this Grumpy Cat thing, but ‘When Grumpy met Grumpy‘ is seriously the cutest.
- Say hello to Sweetie, who’s a complete and total bad ass digital personality catching pedophiles around the world.
Click, and read, then read again:
- The alarmless life is totally possible, because science says so.
- “Just write every day of your life… then see what happens.“
- This is why I live in Seattle: the UK and the Pacific Northwest are BFFs.
- My friend Danielle killed it on this piece in response to a discussion we had with another friend about rape culture and blame.
Tweeters to follow:
- @woodelijah, a long-time favorite celebrity who is totally real on Twitter, and share’s strange music I love.
- @peterjlindberg, who’s my favorite Travel + Leisure writer and a social media champ.
- @libertinewomen, the Twitter handle of Libertine, where I still volunteer.
Until next, chins up, carry on.