This week is more mainstream, up-tempo, on the edges of top 40. I find myself wanting things that drive my brain to be happy, to enjoy my life exactly as it is. In particular, I’m totally digging “Atlas,” because the new Hunger Games is just around the corner. And, I can’t seem to get “Old School Love” out of my head, because Ed Sheeran has a voice that can melt the hearts of angels. I’m not totally sure what old school love is, but I know I want it. (Click the playlist to enjoy!)
Videos to feast your eyeballs on… but don’t feast on your eyeballs:
- The Maleficent teaser trailer, aka the first time that Angelina Jolie has looked totally amazing in a movie in a long, long time.
- Jennifer Lawrence kicking ass on the issue of weight and media, as though her kicking ass is anything new.
- A music video that you don’t really need to watch, but should listen to because “Settle” by Two Door Cinema Club is a beautiful, heart-wrenching song that always reminds me of London.
- A great anti-feminist speech by Joss Whedon, who is one of my fast favorite writers right now.
Links which beg your mouse to click them, because they are great:
- Coquette, my favorite self-help columnist, explaining exactly why I make my bed, and why you should too.
- The introvert’s self-portraits, which are beautiful and haunting.
- Which of the 11 American nations do you live in? I grew up in the Far West, even though it was Alaska.
- Adventures in Whiskeyland, my piece for Tequila Tuesday, detailing my love affair with ryes and bourbons, even though I still love tequila.
Peep, peep, peeps to follow:
- @SoVeryBritish, which captures the essence of what happens if you spend any extended amount of time in London.
- @Bourdain, Mr. Anthony Bourdain, globe-trotting badass.
- @WSWCHult, the meme-generator of my business school, which probably describes every business school, but is way cooler because I know the amazing founder.
Till next, stay cool, homies.