This week was one of celebration and enjoying time. Thanksgiving couldn’t have come at a better time, where I needed a break to rejuvinate and get away from Seattle for a little while. It’s not that I don’t like it here, but I got so used to the mobility of London that I’m still adjusting. That said, this week starts with the pace of many weeks past, and gains energy. I mean, you can’t really end on Steve Aoki or Skrillex without having the energy for it. Now I’m recharged (ha, get it?) and ready for a new week.
A few videos for a few minutes:
- In honor of my actually enjoying Catching Fire, the intro monologue from Josh Hutcherson on SNL last week, which is pretty rad.
- A music video with beautiful imagery of the human condition, ‘Say Something‘ by A Great Big World & Christina Aguilera.
- Lava vs. Chef Boyardee, but I really wished there had actually been ravioli in the can.
Things to read, which will make you a smarter and/or cooler person:
- The disappointing, unhealthy, and possibly classist news that Plan B is not effective above a given weight. Not medically surprising, but also not properly labeled.
- The equally unsurprising fact that human beings are now assholes because instead of feeling empathy for our fellows in need, we feel revulsion.
- A reason to be thankful: Americans are not the only ones who suck at geography (though to be fair, I’ll bet many American’s couldn’t fill out this map correctly either).
- More love for Catching Fire, this time about how it was a million times better than the first, even fixing things that were wrong with The Hunger Games.
- The most popular Valise Magazine article yet on my monthly obsession: Mosey.
Until then, internet, stay cool.