1. What did you do this month that you’d never done before?
Went to LA(X). Broke my lovely computer! Drove a convertible.
2. How are the resolutions coming along?
Well, all of the ones that I didn’t do well in January were improved this month, but in exchange, I struggled with some of my more frequent ones. Definitely always something to work on! (To be fair, broken computers really cramp my style with some of these…)
3. How did last month’s resolution go?
My budgeting program recorded 16 restaurants, of which 4 were bars and 2 were coffee places… so I had less than three per week! (…Not counting my trip to Hawaii, where we ate out 9 times in 5 days…)
4. What’s a new resolution for this month?
Since I again forgot I even resolved this, I now resolve to have less than 3 drink or food purchases from restaurants/bars/etc. per week. Oof, this will be hard! (I’m already at 6, and it’s only the 12th!)
5. Who is one person worth recognizing this month?
M, who went on a great Hawaiian adventure with me! Despite my grumpiness, it was way more fun wit her than I ever could have had alone!
6. What would you like to have next month that you lacked this month?
Less of the broken computer situation. More of the surplus money situation (because I’m not spending it to repair my computer!).
7. What date from this month will remain etched in your memory and why?
February 17, 2014: When I realized I might have to become a nomad for a few years so I can spend a few months living on Hanalei Bay, Kauai, learning to surf.
8. What was your biggest achievement this month?
Staying within my travel budget–in fact, well under it!
9. And your biggest failure?
10. What did you get really, really excited about this month?
Hawaii! It was much overdue–work was pretty hellacious the week before.
11. What song will always remind you of this month?
‘I’m the Man’ by Aloe Blacc
12. What was the best book your read this month?
‘The Age of Ice’ by JM Sidorova. Totally amazing.
14. What is a valuable life lesson from this month?
There’s always something money will have to be spent on, so pay the most important things first, otherwise something else will come along for it!
15. What’s next month’s horoscope?
Taurus – In March you are likely to be conscious of conflicting pulls on your time and energy. If you aim to please one person, you may displease someone else. You may have to ask if it is really fair to give preference to the situation that is nagging most noisily, just because a more deserving recipient of your attention is less likely to complain? Whilst it is wonderful to be sensitive to the needs of others, you also need to heed and respect your own deepest feelings. Life will give you the chance to do that. But will you take it? – Cainer